Posted in ,

Catechism Buzz: Bas Relief

08 March 2011 by Neil

WHAT MAN OUGHT TO BELIEVE CONCERNING GOD

Q. 6. What do the Scriptures make known of God?
A. The Scriptures make known what God is, the persons in the Godhead, his decrees, and the execution of his decrees.

Q. 7. What is God?
A. God is a Spirit, in and of himself infinite in being, glory, blessedness, and perfection; all-sufficient, eternal, unchangeable, incomprehensible, everywhere present, almighty, knowing all things, most wise, most holy, most just, most merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth.

Q. 8. Are there more Gods than one?
A. There is but one only, the living and true God.



I'll take Catechismal Conundrums for $1,000, Alex.

“All about love, many sorts of things are reminiscent of this sparkly, lucky, and admirable breed of fellow, kind of a bigger sort of me, always ready to dig me out of bogs and pull my chestnuts from the fire, but even more appealingly: adapts (or at least politely looks away) in order to oblige my situation, because sometimes you know, my shoes aren't your shoes; this sort is always ready to listen to reason, very nearly perfect (I really get this guy!), happy to come when it is most convenient, departs when dismissed, and that famous inclusive and unconditional love wins virtually all the time, even extending grace and mercy to the intolerant (on further thought, probably a little too merciful... those insufferables should be outlawed), however I have somewhat against --- a little too judgy and capricious sometimes (tsunami, anyone? And why cancer? Why?), but this once-creaky anachronism has a proven ability to absorb and evolve as he makes new truths that harmonize to my personal zeitgeist; not to mention that those writings can be a great source of solid advice and I give some of them prominent places in my flash memory.”

beep beep beep. “What is My Best god Now!”

Correct!