Posted in , ,

Facebook Wisdom

03 October 2012 by Neil

Q. 70. What is justification?
A. Justification is an act of God's free grace unto sinners, in which he pardoneth all their sins, accepteth and accounteth their persons righteous in his sight; not for anything wrought in them, or done by them, but only for the perfect obedience and full satisfaction of Christ, by God imputed to them, and received by faith alone.

A number of years ago, I took the opportunity to visit some guy while I was in the Dallas area on business. He's a bi-vocational pastor and he was an internet friend, which translates as “I invited myself over even though he didn't know me.” What a creeper, eh? But I don't care what you think; his whole church showed me major hospitality! And he is a good friend (for real now).

He had this facebook status the other day:

My spiritual pride is derived directly from the fact that I have no idea how far and completely I have truly fallen...

Were I to take a proper assessment of myself, then my need of a Savior would not be merely an intellectual assent carried around in my head, but a heartfelt reality that I clung to with all the fervor of a drowning man clinging to a life preserver.

Christ will never be Lord and Savior of my life until that fact is recognized.

Read that again, and look up. Look way up. Then look into a mirror, and don't forget what you see there.