Posted in

Advent Day 11: Isaiah

07 December 2011 by FX Turk


Isaiah 6:1-13


 1In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3And one called to another and said:

    "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!"
 4And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. 5And I said: "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!"


 6Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7And he touched my mouth and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for."


 8And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." 9And he said, "Go, and say to this people:

    "'Keep on hearing, but do not understand;keep on seeing, but do not perceive.' 10 Make the heart of this people dull,
   and their ears heavy,
   and blind their eyes;
lest they see with their eyes,
   and hear with their ears,
and understand with their hearts,
   and turn and be healed."
11Then I said, "How long, O Lord?"And he said:"Until cities lie waste
   without inhabitant,
and houses without people,
   and the land is a desolate waste,
12and the LORD removes people far away,
   and the forsaken places are many in the midst of the land.
13 And though a tenth remain in it,
   it will be burned again,
like a terebinth or an oak,
   whose stump remains
   when it is felled."
The holy seed is its stump.

Labels: